*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.37.0 On 2021-10-20
- When adding columns that contain a
CHECK constraint or a generated column containing a NOT NULL constraint,
the ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN now checks new constraints against
preexisting rows in the database and will only proceed if no constraints
- The sqlite3_deserialize() does not and has never worked for the TEMP
database. That limitation is now noted in the documentation.
- Query planner improvements:
- ORDER BY clauses on subqueries and views are omitted if removing them
does not change the semantics of the query
- The generate_series table-valued function extension is modified so that
the first parameter ("START") is now required. This is done as a way to
demonstrate how to write table-valued functions with required parameters.
The legacy behavior is available using the -DZERO_ARGUMENT_GENERATE_SERIES
- Allow the use of the SQLITE_OPEN_EXCLUSIVE flag in sqlite3_open_v2(). If
present and if the database already exists, return the new
SQLITE_OPEN_EXISTS extended error code.
- Added new sqlite3_changes64() and sqlite3_total_changes64() interfaces.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: pending
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: pending
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.
*** DRAFT ***