*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.42.0 On 2023-05-16
- Add the FTS5 secure-delete command. This option causes all forensic traces
to be removed from the FTS5 inverted index when content is deleted.
- Enhance the JSON SQL functions to support JSON5 extensions.
- The SQLITE_CONFIG_LOG and SQLITE_CONFIG_PCACHE_HDRSZ calls to sqlite3_config()
are now allowed to occur after sqlite3_initialize().
- New sqlite3_db_config() options: SQLITE_DBCONFIG_STMT_SCANSTATUS and
- Query planner improvements:
- Enable the "count-of-view" optimization by default.
- Avoid computing unused columns in subqueries.
- Improvements to the push-down optimization.
- Enhancements to the CLI:
- Add the --unsafe-testing command-line option. Without this option, some
dot-commands (ex: ".testctrl") are now disabled because those commands
that are intended for testing only and can cause malfunctions if misused.
- Allow commands ".log on" and ".log off", even in --safe mode.
- "--" as a command-line argument means all subsequent arguments that
start with "-" are interpreted as normal non-option argument.
- Magic parameters ":inf" and ":nan" bind to floating point literals
Infinity and NaN, respectively.
- The --utf8 command-line option omits all translation to or from
MBCS on the Windows console for interactive sessions, and sets
the console code page for UTF-8 I/O during such sessions.
The --utf8 option is a no-op on all other platforms.
- Add the ability for application-defined SQL functions to have the same name
as join keywords: CROSS, FULL, INNER, LEFT, NATURAL, OUTER, or RIGHT.
- Enhancements to PRAGMA integrity_check:
- Detect and raise an error when a NaN value is stored in a NOT NULL column.
- Improved error message output identifies the root page of a b-tree when
an error is found within a b-tree.
- Allow the session extension to be configured to capture changes from
tables that lack an explicit ROWID.
- Added the subsecond modifier to the date and time functions.
- Negative values passed into sqlite3_sleep() are henceforth interpreted as 0.
- The maximum recursion depth for JSON arrays and objects is lowered from 2000
- Extended the built-in printf() function so the comma option now works with
floating-point conversions in addition to integer conversions.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance optimizations
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: 2023-05-16 12:36:15 831d0fb2836b71c9bc51067c49fee4b8f18047814f2ff22d817d25195cf350b0
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: 6aa3fadf000000625353bbaa1e83af114c40c240a0aa5a2c1c2aabcfc28d4f92
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.
*** DRAFT ***