*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.25.3 On 2018-11-05
Prior changes from version 3.25.0 (2018-09-15):
- Add support for window functions
- Enhancements the ALTER TABLE command:
- Add support for renaming columns within a table using
ALTER TABLE table RENAME COLUMN oldname TO newname.
- Fix table rename feature so that it also updates references
to the renamed table in triggers and views.
- Query optimizer improvements:
- Avoid unnecessary loads of columns in an aggregate query that
are not within an aggregate function and that are not part
of the GROUP BY clause.
- The IN-early-out optimization: When doing a look-up on a
multi-column index and an IN operator is used on a column
other than the left-most column, then if no rows match against
the first IN value, check to make sure there exist rows that
match the columns to the right before continuing with the
next IN value.
- Use the transitive property to try to propagate constant
values within the WHERE clause. For example, convert
"a=99 AND b=a" into "a=99 AND b=99".
- Use a separate mutex on every inode in the unix VFS, rather than
a single mutex shared among them all, for slightly better concurrency
in multi-threaded environments.
- Enhance the PRAGMA integrity_check command for improved detection
of problems on the page freelist.
- Output infinity as 1e999 in the ".dump" command of the
- Added the SQLITE_FCNTL_DATA_VERSION file-control.
- Added the Geopoly module
- The ORDER BY LIMIT optimization might have caused an infinite loop
in the byte code of the prepared statement under very obscure
due to a confluence of minor defects in the query optimizer.
Fix for ticket
- On an UPSERT when the order of constraint checks is rearranged,
ensure that the affinity transformations on the inserted content
occur before any of the constraint checks. Fix for ticket
- Avoid using a prepared statement for ".stats on" command of the
CLI after it has been closed by the ".eqp full" logicc. Fix for ticket
- The LIKE optimization was generating incorrect byte-code and hence
getting the wrong answer
if the left-hand operand has numeric affinity and the right-hand-side
pattern is '/%' or if the pattern begins with the ESCAPE character.
Fix for ticket
Prior changes from version 3.25.1 (2018-09-18):
- Extra sanity checking added to ALTER TABLE in the 3.25.0 release
sometimes raises a false-positive
when the table being modified has a trigger that
updates a virtual table. The false-positive caused the ALTER
TABLE to rollback, thus leaving the schema unchanged.
- The fix in the 3.25.0 release for the endless-loop in the byte-code
associated with the ORDER BY LIMIT optimization did not work for
some queries involving window functions. An additional correction
is required. Ticket
Prior changes from version 3.25.2 (2018-09-25):
- Add the PRAGMA legacy_alter_table=ON command that causes the
"ALTER TABLE RENAME" command to behave as it did in SQLite versions 3.24.0
and earlier: references to the renamed table inside the bodies of triggers
and views are not updated. This new pragma provides a compatibility
work around for older programs that expected the older, wonky behavior
of ALTER TABLE RENAME.
- Fix a problem with the new window functions implementation that caused
a malfunction when complicated expressions involving window functions were used
inside of a view.
- Fixes for various other compiler warnings and minor problems associated
with obscure configurations.
Changes in this specific patch release, version 3.25.3 (2018-11-05):
- Disallow the use of window functions in the recursive part of
a CTE. Ticket e8275b415a2f03bee
- Fix the behavior of typeof() and length() on virtual tables. Ticket
- Strengthen defenses against deliberately corrupted database files.
- Fix a problem in the query planner that results when a row-value expression
is used with a PRIMARY KEY with redundant columns. Ticket
- Fix the query planner so that it works correctly for IS NOT NULL operators
in the ON clause of a LEFT JOIN with the SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4 compile-time option.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2018-11-05 20:37:38 89e099fbe5e13c33e683bef07361231ca525b88f7907be7092058007b75036f2"
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: 45586e4df74de3a43f3a1f8c7a78c3c3f02edce01af7d10cafe68bb94476a5c5
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.
*** DRAFT ***