*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.14.1 On 2016-08-11
- A performance enhancement to the page-cache "truncate" operation
reduces COMMIT time by dozens of milliseconds on systems with a
large page cache.
- Fix to the --rbu option of sqldiff.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2016-08-11 18:53:32 a12d8059770df4bca59e321c266410344242bf7b"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: d545b24892278272ce4e40e0567d69c8babf12ea
Changes carried forward from version 3.14 (2016-08-08):
Celebrating the SQLite "π release"
with a home-baked pie.
- Added support for WITHOUT ROWID virtual tables.
- Improved the query planner so that the OR optimization can
be used on virtual tables even if one or more of the disjuncts
use the LIKE, GLOB, REGEXP, MATCH operators.
- Added the CSV virtual table for reading
RFC 4180 formatted comma-separated
- Added the carray() table-valued function extension.
- Enabled persistent loadable extensions using the new
SQLITE_OK_LOAD_PERMANENTLY return code from the extension
- Added the SQLITE_DBSTATUS_CACHE_USED_SHARED option to sqlite3_db_status().
- Add the
loadable extension - a VFS shim that measures I/O
together with an eponymous virtual table that provides access to the measurements.
- Improved algorithm for running queries with both an ORDER BY and a LIMIT where
only the inner-most loop naturally generates rows in the correct order.
- Enhancements to Lemon parser generator, so that it generates a
- The PRAGMA compile_options command now attempts to show the version number
of the compiler that generated the library.
- Enhance PRAGMA table_info so that it provides information about
eponymous virtual tables.
- Added the "win32-none" VFS, analogous to the "unix-none" VFS, that works like
the default "win32" VFS except that it ignores all file locks.
- The query planner uses a full scan of a partial index instead of a
full scan of the main table, in cases where that makes sense.
- Allow table-valued functions to appear on the right-hand side of an IN operator.
- Created the dbhash.exe command-line utility.
- Added two new C-language interfaces: sqlite3_expanded_sql() and
sqlite3_trace_v2(). These new interfaces subsume the functions of
sqlite3_trace() and sqlite3_profile() which are now deprecated.
- Added the json_quote() SQL function to the json1 extension.
- Disable the authorizer callback while reparsing the schema.
- Added the SQLITE_ENABLE_UNKNOWN_SQL_FUNCTION compile-time option and turned that
option on by default when building the command-line shell.
- Fix the ALTER TABLE command so that it does not corrupt descending indexes
when adding a column to a legacy file format database. Ticket
- Fix a NULL-pointer dereference/crash that could occurs when a transitive WHERE
clause references a non-existent collating sequence. Ticket
- Improved the cost estimation for an index scan which includes a WHERE clause
that can be partially or fully evaluated using columns in the index and without
having to do a table lookup. This fixes a performance regression that occurred
for some obscure queries following the ORDER BY LIMIT optimization introduced
in version 3.12.0.
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.
*** DRAFT ***