*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.12.2 On 2016-04-18
- Fix a backwards compatibility problem in version 3.12.0 and 3.12.1:
Columns declared as "INTEGER" PRIMARY KEY (with quotes around
the datatype keyword) were not being recognized as an
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, which resulted in an incompatible database file.
- Fix a bug (present since version 3.9.0) that can cause the DELETE
operation to miss rows if PRAGMA reverse_unordered_selects is turned on.
- Fix a bug in the code generator that can cause incorrect results if
two or more virtual tables are joined and the virtual table used in
outer loop of the join has an IN operator constraint.
- Correctly interpret negative "PRAGMA cache_size" values when determining
the cache size used for sorting large amounts of data.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2016-04-18 17:30:31 92dc59fd5ad66f646666042eb04195e3a61a9e8e"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: de5a5898ebd3a3477d4652db143746d008b24c83
Changes carried forward from version 3.12.1 (2016-04-08):
- Fix a boundary condition error introduced by version 3.12.0
that can result in a crash during heavy SAVEPOINT usage.
- Fix views so that they inherit column datatypes from the
table that they are defined against, when possible.
- Fix the query planner so that IS and IS NULL operators are able
to drive an index on a LEFT OUTER JOIN.
Changes carried forward from version 3.12.0 (2016-03-29):
Potentially Disruptive Change:
- The SQLITE_DEFAULT_PAGE_SIZE is increased from 1024 to 4096.
The SQLITE_DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE is changed from 2000 to -2000 so
the same amount of cache memory is used by default.
See the application note on the
version 3.12.0 page size change for further information.
- Enhancements to the Lemon
parser generator so that it creates a smaller and faster SQL parser.
- Only create master journal files if two or more attached databases are all
modified, do not have PRAGMA synchronous set to OFF, and
do not have the journal_mode set to OFF, MEMORY, or WAL.
- Only create statement journal files when their size exceeds a threshold.
Otherwise the journal is held in memory and no I/O occurs. The threshold
can be configured at compile-time using SQLITE_STMTJRNL_SPILL or at
start-time using sqlite3_config(SQLITE_CONFIG_STMTJRNL_SPILL).
- The query planner is able to optimize IN operators on virtual tables
even if the xBestIndex method does not set the
sqlite3_index_constraint_usage.omit flag of the
virtual table column to the left of the IN operator.
- The query planner now does a better job of optimizing virtual table
accesses in a 3-way or higher join where constraints on the virtual
table are split across two or more other tables of the join.
- More efficient handling of application-defined SQL functions, especially
in cases where the application defines hundreds or thousands of
- The query planner considers the LIMIT clause when estimating the cost
of ORDER BY.
- The configure script (on unix) automatically detects
pread() and pwrite() and sets compile-time options to use those OS
interfaces if they are available.
- Reduce the amount of memory needed to hold the schema.
- Other miscellaneous micro-optimizations for improved performance and reduced
- Added the SQLITE_DBCONFIG_ENABLE_FTS3_TOKENIZER option to sqlite3_db_config()
which allows the two-argument version of the fts3_tokenizer() SQL function to
be enabled or disabled at run-time.
- Added the sqlite3rbu_bp_progress()
interface to the RBU extension.
- The PRAGMA defer_foreign_keys=ON statement now also disables
RESTRICT actions on foreign key.
- Added the sqlite3_system_errno() interface.
- Added the SQLITE_DEFAULT_SYNCHRONOUS and SQLITE_DEFAULT_WAL_SYNCHRONOUS
compile-time options. The SQLITE_DEFAULT_SYNCHRONOUS compile-time option
replaces the SQLITE_EXTRA_DURABLE option, which is no longer supported.
- Enhanced the ".stats" command in the command-line shell to show more
information about I/O performance obtained from /proc, when available.
- Make sure the sqlite3_set_auxdata() values from multiple triggers
within a single statement do not interfere with one another.
- Fix the code generator for expressions of the form "x IN (SELECT...)" where
the SELECT statement on the RHS is a correlated subquery.
- Fix a harmless TSAN warning associated with the sqlite3_db_readonly() interface.
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.
*** DRAFT ***