Adobe uses SQLite as the application file format for their Lightroom product. This is publically acknowledged on the Lightroom/About_Lightroom menu popup. Adobe has also announced that their Apollo project will include SQLite.
Apple uses SQLite for many functions within Mac OS X, including Apple Mail and in Aperture. It is also used in the Safari browser and in the iPhone and the iPod touch.
Avira uses SQLite for various logs in its Antivir security suite since version 7 in december 2006.
The Firefox Web Browser from Mozilla has recently been updated to use SQLite to store all kinds of history information. SQLite is replacing Mork.
We believe that General Electric uses SQLite in some product or another because they twice wrote the to SQLite developers requesting the US Export Control Number for SQLite. So presumably GE is using SQLite in something that they are exporting. But nobody (outside of GE) seems to know what that might be.
Google recently revealed that they are using SQLite in their Desktop for Mac. Additionally, Google Gears, which allows web applications to work offline, uses SQLite for the offline data storage. SQLite is also bundled in the Android SDK.
McAfee appears to use SQLite in its antivirus programs. Mentioned here and implied here
It can inferred from traffic on the SQLite mailing list that at least one group within Microsoft is using SQLite in the development of a game program. No word yet if this game has actually been released or if they are still using SQLite.
The Monotone configuration management system stores an entire project history in an SQLite database. Each file is a separate BLOB.
Novell use SQLite to store data for its Privileged User Manager product. The product is a centralized-administration, multi-platform application for controlling privileged user access to servers. For those familiar with 'sudo' it is a way to do the same thing but with significantly better control and reporting. SQLite replication of multiple gigabytes of data is used to provide high availability of data at multiple, geographically separate locations.
It is reported that Philips MP3 Players use SQLite to store metadata about the music they hold. Apparently, if you plug a Philips MP3 player into your USB port, you can see the SQLite database file there in plain sight.
The popular PHP programming language comes with both SQLite2 and SQLite3 built in.
SQLite comes bundled with the Python programming language since Python 2.5.
The REALbasic programming environment comes bundled with an enhanced version of SQLite that supports AES encryption.
There are multiple sightings of SQLite in the Skype client for MacOSX and Windows.
Solaris 10 uses SQLite as the storage format for its Service Management Facility. Thus, Sun as essentially replaced the traditional unix /etc/inittab file with an SQLite database.
SQLite is an integral part of Symbian's operating system commonly found on high-end cellphones.
A representative of Toshiba wrote to the SQLite developers and requested the US Export Control Number for SQLite. We infer from this that Toshiba is exporting something from the US that uses SQLite, but we do not know what that something is.
- adobe.gif 3154 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:30:22 UTC.
- apple.gif 6036 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:30:30 UTC.
- firefox.gif 5157 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:30:59 UTC.
- ge.gif 5566 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:31:33 UTC.
- google.gif 3584 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:31:52 UTC.
- monotone.gif 3497 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:32:10 UTC.
- philips.gif 6762 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:32:18 UTC.
- php.gif 3742 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:32:27 UTC.
- python.gif 2506 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:32:36 UTC.
- realbasic.gif 1864 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:32:48 UTC.
- sunmicro.gif 5197 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:32:58 UTC.
- symbian.gif 1731 bytes added by drh on 2007-Apr-08 00:33:11 UTC.
- skype.gif 3628 bytes added by drh on 2007-Aug-28 18:12:59 UTC.
- microsoft.gif 2691 bytes added by drh on 2007-Aug-28 18:13:41 UTC.
- mcaffee.gif 2800 bytes added by drh on 2007-Aug-28 18:14:27 UTC.
- toshiba.gif 2899 bytes added by drh on 2007-Aug-28 18:16:38 UTC.
- avira.gif 3020 bytes added by anonymous on 2009-Mar-18 18:56:03 UTC.
- tomtom_logo-120.png 4304 bytes added by anonymous on 2009-Dec-24 17:15:47 UTC.
- 250px-Novell.svg.png 4602 bytes added by anonymous on 2010-Apr-01 01:48:00 UTC.
Novell image from Wikipedia.