CAST to NUMERIC no longer converts to INTEGER
|User & Date:||mrigger 2019-06-08 21:31:57|
- Change icomment to:
Consider the following example:
CREATE TABLE t0 (c0 TEXT); INSERT INTO t0(c0) VALUES ('1.0'); SELECT CAST(c0 AS NUMERIC) FROM t0; -- expected: 1, actual: 1.0
From the following part of the documentation, I would expect that the the value '1.0' is converted to 1:
Casting a TEXT or BLOB value into NUMERIC first does a forced conversion into REAL but then further converts the result into INTEGER if and only if the conversion from REAL to INTEGER is lossless and reversible.
I remember that this previously worked as I would expect. Could this be a regression caused by [67a68af5578f08d2]?
- Change login to "mrigger"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change severity to "Critical"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "CAST to NUMERIC no longer converts to INTEGER"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"