SQLITE_FCNTL_SIZE_HINT overflows an array
|User & Date:||drh 2011-04-13 13:22:03|
- Change comment to:
Due to an inadequately-tested last-minute change prior to the 3.7.6 release, use of the SQLITE_FCNTL_SIZE_HINT file control operation on unix builds where SQLITE_ENABLE_LOCKING_STYLE is 0 (or undefined) and HAVE_POSIX_FALLOCATE is defined will cause an array index to be off by one and will probably result in a segfault.
The problem was introduced by check-in [51029d8430d2dbc] just prior to the release.
The work-around is to omit the HAVE_POSIX_FALLOCATE compile-time option from the build. Or, avoid using SQLITE_FCNTL_SIZE_HINT.
- Change detected to "Application_Fault"
- Change foundin to "3.7.6"
- Change severity to "Important"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change subsystem to "Unknown"
- Change title to "SQLITE_FCNTL_SIZE_HINT overflows an array"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"