Infinite loop on UPDATE
|User & Date:||drh 2018-01-16 12:54:28|
- Change foundin to "3.21.0"
- Change icomment to:
The UPDATE at the end of the following sequence of SQL statements enters an infinite loop.
CREATE TABLE t1(a,b); CREATE INDEX t1b ON t1(a); CREATE INDEX t1c ON t1(b); INSERT INTO t1 VALUES(1,2); UPDATE t1 SET a = a+2 WHERE a>0 OR b>0;
Bisecting shows that this problem was introduced by the single-pass update optimization of check-in [7ae6104a3e0d1d2] on 2017-01-11 and first released with version 3.17.0. The problem was discovered by Harald Klimach and reported on the SQLite mailing list.
- Change login to "drh"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change severity to "Severe"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "Infinite loop on UPDATE"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"