Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.8.4 On 2014-03-10 (3.8.4)
- Code optimization and refactoring for improved performance.
- Add the ".clone" and ".save" commands to the command-line shell.
- Update the banner on the command-line shell to alert novice users when they
are using an ephemeral in-memory database.
- Fix editline support in the command-line shell.
- Add support for coverage testing of VDBE programs using the
SQLITE_TESTCTRL_VDBE_COVERAGE verb of sqlite3_test_control().
- Update the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS macro so that builds work again on QNX.
- Change the datatype of SrcList.nSrc from type u8 to type int to work around
an issue in the C compiler on AIX.
- Get extension loading working on Cygwin.
- Bug fix: DISTINCT now recognizes that a zeroblob and a blob of all
0x00 bytes are the same thing.
- Bug fix: Compute the correct answer for queries that contain an IS NOT NULL
term in the WHERE clause and also contain an OR term in the WHERE clause and
are compiled with SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4.
- Bug fix: Make sure "rowid" columns are correctly resolved in joins between
normal tables and WITHOUT ROWID tables.
- Bug fix: Make sure the same temporary registers are not used in concurrent
co-routines used to implement compound SELECT statements containing ORDER
BY clauses, as such use can lead to incorrect answers.
- Bug fix: Ensure that "ORDER BY random()" clauses do not get optimized out.
- Bug fix: Repair a name-resolution error that can occur in sub-select statements
contained within a TRIGGER.
- Bug fix: Fix column default values expressions of the form
"DEFAULT(-(-9223372036854775808))" so that they work correctly, initializing
the column to a floating point value approximately equal to
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page is also available. A detailed history of every
check-in is available at