*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.8.0 On 2013-08-26
- Add support for partial indexes
- Cut-over to the next generation query planner for faster and better query plans.
- The EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN output no longer shows an estimate of the number of
rows generated by each loop in a join.
- Added the FTS4 notindexed option, allowing non-indexed columns in an FTS4 table.
- Added the SQLITE_STMTSTATUS_VM_STEP option to sqlite3_stmt_status().
- Added the cache_spill pragma.
- Added the query_only pragma.
- Added the defer_foreign_keys pragma and the
sqlite3_db_status(db, SQLITE_DBSTATUS_DEFERRED_FKS,...) C-language interface.
- Added the "percentile()" function as a loadable extension in the ext/misc
subdirectory of the source tree.
- Added the SQLITE_ALLOW_URI_AUTHORITY compile-time option.
- Add the sqlite3_cancel_auto_extension(X) interface.
- A running SELECT statement that lacks a FROM clause (or any other statement that
never reads or writes from any database file) will not prevent a read
transaction from closing.
- Add the SQLITE_DEFAULT_AUTOMATIC_INDEX compile-time option. Setting this option
to 0 disables automatic indices by default.
- Issue an SQLITE_WARNING_AUTOINDEX warning on the SQLITE_CONFIG_LOG whenever
the query planner uses an automatic index.
- Added the SQLITE_FTS3_MAX_EXPR_DEPTH compile-time option.
- Added an optional 5th parameter defining the collating sequence to the
next_char() extension SQL function.
- The SQLITE_BUSY_SNAPSHOT extended error code is returned in WAL mode when
a read transaction cannot be upgraded to a write transaction because the read is
on an older snapshot.
- Enhancements to the sqlite3_analyzer utility program to provide size
information separately for each individual index of a table, in addition to
the aggregate size.
- Allow read transactions to be freely opened and closed by SQL statements run
from within the implementation of application-defined SQL functions if the
function is called by a SELECT statement that does not access any database table.
- Disable the use of posix_fallocate() on all (unix) systems unless the
HAVE_POSIX_FALLOCATE compile-time option is used.
- Update the ".import" command in the command-line shell to support multi-line
fields and correct RFC-4180 quoting and to issue warning and/or error messages
if the input text is not strictly RFC-4180 compliant.
- Bug fix: In the unicode61 tokenizer of FTS4, treat all private code points
as identifier symbols.
- Bug fix: Bare identifiers in ORDER BY clauses bind more tightly to output column
names, but identifiers in expressions bind more tightly to input column names.
Identifiers in GROUP BY clauses always prefer output column names, however.
- Bug fixes: Multiple problems in the legacy query optimizer were fixed by the
move to NGQP.
"2013-08-26 04:50:08 f64cd21e2e23ed7cff48f7dafa5e76adde9321c2"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: b7347f4b4c2a840e6ba12040093d606bd16ea21e
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.
*** DRAFT ***