*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.7.17 On 2013-05-20 (3.7.17)
- Add support for memory-mapped I/O.
- Add the sqlite3_strglob() convenience interface.
- Assigned the integer at offset 68 in the database header as the
Application ID for when SQLite is used as an application file-format.
Added the PRAGMA application_id command to query and set the Application ID.
- Report rollback recovery in the error log as SQLITE_NOTICE_RECOVER_ROLLBACK.
Change the error log code for WAL recover from
SQLITE_OK to SQLITE_NOTICE_RECOVER_WAL.
- Report the risky uses of unlinked database files and
database filename aliasing as SQLITE_WARNING messages in the error log.
- Added the SQLITE_TRACE_SIZE_LIMIT compile-time option.
- Increase the default value of SQLITE_MAX_SCHEMA_RETRY to 50 and make sure
that it is honored in every place that a schema change might force a statement
- Add a new test harness called "mptester" used to verify correct operation
when multiple processes are using the same database file at the same time.
- Enhance the extension loading mechanism to be more flexible (while
still maintaining backwards compatibility) in two ways:
- If the default entry point "sqlite3_extension_init" is not present in
the loadable extension, also try an entry point "sqlite3_X_init" where
"X" is based on the shared library filename. This allows every extension
to have a different entry point, which allows them to be statically linked
with no code changes.
- The shared library filename passed to sqlite3_load_extension() may
omit the filename suffix, and an appropriate architecture-dependent
suffix (".so", ".dylib", or ".dll") will be added automatically.
- Added many new loadable extensions to the source tree, including
amatch, closure, fuzzer, ieee754, nextchar, regexp, spellfix,
and wholenumber. See header comments on each extension source file
for further information about what that extension does.
- Enhance FTS3 to avoid using excess stack space when there are a huge
number of terms on the right-hand side of the MATCH operator. A side-effect
of this change is that the MATCH operator can only accommodate 12 NEAR
operators at a time.
- Enhance the fts4aux virtual table so that it can be a TEMP table.
- Added the fts3tokenize virtual table to the full-text search logic.
- Query planner enhancement: Use the transitive property of constraints
to move constraints into the outer loops of a join whenever possible,
thereby reducing the amount of work that needs to occur in inner loops.
- Discontinue the use of posix_fallocate() on unix, as it does not work on all
- Improved tracing and debugging facilities in the Windows VFS.
- Bug fix: Fix a potential database corruption bug
in shared cache mode when one
database connection is closed while another is in the middle of a write
- Bug fix:
Only consider AS names from the result set as candidates for resolving
identifiers in the WHERE clause if there are no other matches. In the
ORDER BY clause, AS names take priority over any column names.
- Bug fix: Do not allow a virtual table to cancel the ORDER BY clause unless
all outer loops are guaranteed to return no more than one row result.
- Bug fix: Do not suppress the ORDER BY clause on a virtual table query if
an IN constraint is used.
- Bug fix: The command-line shell gives an exit code of 0 when terminated
using the ".quit" command.
- Bug fix: Make sure PRAGMA statements appear in sqlite3_trace() output.
- Bug fix: When a compound query that uses an ORDER BY clause
with a COLLATE operator, make sure that the sorting occurs
according to the specified collation and that the comparisons associate with
the compound query use the native collation. Ticket
- Bug fix: Makes sure the authorizer callback gets
a valid pointer to the string "ROWID" for the column-name parameter when
doing an UPDATE that changes the rowid. Ticket
- Bug fix: Do not move WHERE clause terms inside OR expressions that are
contained within an ON clause of a LEFT JOIN. Ticket
- Bug fix: Make sure an error is always reported when attempting to preform
an operation that requires a collating sequence that is missing.
"2013-05-20 00:56:22 118a3b35693b134d56ebd780123b7fd6f1497668"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: 246987605d0503c700a08b9ee99a6b5d67454aab
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page is also available. A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
*** DRAFT ***