Philosophy of SQLite [draft]
- Small Footprint - SQLite keeps the source code and compiled results small.
- Zero configuration - no servers, no DBAs, no problem.
- Reject Featuritice (aka KISS methodology !)- Don't try to include every feature of every other
database. SQLite allows multiple statements per query, so one can often use
multiple steps if needed rather than make the Mother-of-All SELECT statements.
- Dynamic Typing with Optional "Strong" Typing - Dynamic typing reflects the
dynamic languages that often use SQLite. However, the stronger-typing and
sizing options are available if needed.
- Portable Files - SQLite databases can be moved around easily as a single